1. Ive tried calling the salon during normal business hours and the phone wasn't answered.
-We do not answer the phone when we are with clients. When someone sits in our chair our attention is completly devoted to that person. We get such an overwhelming amount of phone calls everday that if we stopped to answer every call we wouldnt have time to service clients. If you want a quick response we suggest messaging our facebook page, the contact page on this site or calling on a Saturday when the receptionist can assist you. There is a team of employees that specifically work on these areas, so these outlets usually provide a faster response time.
2. I called the salon and they said that they could not book me appointment and I need to go online why?
-We do all of our appointment booking online. We do not book appointments over the phone, email, through our contact pages or on Facebook.
3. My appointment was canceled and then re-scheduled to a different time why?
-Things happen and our Stylist's are real people too. It is a possibility that we will have to close unexpectedly for weather conditions, emergency situations, or schedule changes do to personal circumstances. In the event that this arises and you are scheduled an appointment, a cancellation email and a text message will be sent to the address and phone number you provided when you booked your service.
4. It is 15 till 10:00am and the door is locked to the salon why?
-If you scheduled a 10:00am appointment be mindful that we do not open the doors of the salon until 10:00am. Please arrive at your appointment time. For security reasons we cannot let you on the building prior to our posted opening time.
5. Can I get a refund?
-WE DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS FOR SERVICES. WE WILL REDO A SERVICE but only if our chemical release form is signed and our after care instructions are utilized and upheld. SEE THE CHEMICAL FORM HANDOUT BELOW FOR DETAILS.
6. I keep trying to schedule an appointment but it is not letting me pick the day and time I would like. It said that there is nothing available. Why?
-If you selected a time frame and it says that there are no available spots that day please try a different stylist, day or time.
7. I booked my appointment for a specific sale a few weeks put and the price changed? Why?
-If you book for a specific sale please be mindful of sale dates. If a "sale" service is booked after the specific dates the price for that service WILL change.
8. I was 20 minutes late to my appointment and they told me that I could not be serviced. why?
-We require you to be on time for your appointment. If you are more than 15 minutes late we will not be able to serve you due to our limited availability. We usually book out 2-3 weeks in advance and we need to make sure that all of our other appointments are able to be serviced on time.
9. I have missed a few appointments in the past why won't it let me book now?
-2 "No call, No Show" appointments that are missed in a row, will require us to not be able to schedule you any further appointments or book on our appointment booking site. We will ask that you come directly into the salon for a "walk in, same day" appointment if this has happened.
10. I need to cancel. How do I do that?
-We do require you cancel your appointment with in 24 hours of your scheduled time if you cannot make it. You can do that by going to your booking conformation email or text And replying with you need to cancel. Can you hold a time for me next week and I Will get back with you and let you know if I can make it in?
11. Will you hold a spot for me next week and I can let you know later if it will work for me?
-Spots are first come first serve. If you want to secure your spot make sure to book your appointment, we cannot hold slots for anyone with out a proper booking.
12. Who is your best stylist, or do you have a stylist that is better than one of the others?
-All of our stylists are knowledgeable and professional. If you would like to pick your perfect stylist you may go to the meet the team page of this website. We will not tell you who is better than anybody else because we all have our areas of expertise and we function as a collective unit.
13. Should I wash my hair before my coloring service?
-Contrary to popular belief, your hair does not have to be dirty prior to a chemical service. If you would like to wash your hair before coming in that is fine. If you want to come in with dirty hair that is fine too, it makes absolutely no difference in our coloring process.
14. Do all cuts come with a wash and dry?
-Our $6 basic cut is a cut only. We do have Haircut packages that include washing, drying & styling starting at $14 ranging up to $25. if you have questions about Details pretaining to services please call 816-848-5015.
15 .Can I bring my children during my service?
-Yes, you may bring your children to a service. We ask that if you bring them to a service lasting longer than 15 minutes that they are old enough to sit still and be occupied for a long period of time. If you are getting a chemical service, you will be unable to move around during lengthy periods of time and they may not be fully supervised. We do not allow them to run in our salon, play with retail items or equipment or be left unattended.
16. Can I pick a different Model number while in?
-Yes! We can change up your model number while you are in. The pricing is set as long as you go with one of our pre selected pictures. After you have done a model color you will get that pricing forever even if you go with something completely different next time. But to achieve the model pricing we cannot deviate from the pictures on your first round. If you picked a model color and come in wanting something not pictured at all, the price will be our full pricing.
17. What if I don't like my hair?
-We ask that you contact us within 24-48 hours of your service if you are unhappy with it so we can fix it. We do not offer refunds for any service. If you do not follow our after service directions you will void any chance for a redo service. You will be given a care sheet prior to leaving.
18. How are your products different from grocery, chain store or drug store brands?
-We use the best salon quality products we can get our hands on. Just because it says it's a salon worthy product doesn't mean it's true. Our products will extend the life of your hair and chemical services. Our chemicals are not guaranteed if you haven't purchased one of our color safe products.
19. Will my face be in the pictures you take for the model colors?
-No, we do this for privacy for all of our clients. We only take a back and side view of your hair.
20. I have curly hair, should I straighten it before my color?
-No! We need to see how your hair lays when it's natural. If you straighten it you could end up with lines of color demarcation after we have applied the color.
21. I have curly hair, should I straighten it before my haircut?
-Yes! Imagine taking a pile of curled ribbons, cutting them straight across them straightening them. Would they all be the same length? No. Hair is the same. If you have really curly hair it should always best to straighten it prior to your cut if that's the way you normally wear your hair. If you take more of a natural approch and skip the heat all together, do the same before your hair cut.
22. Can you give me the formula for my chemical service?
-No, we cannot. We keep this information in your file but we cannot release it to the public.
23. Can you tell me where a previous Stylist is now employed.
-No, we will not. This is a standard wide spread policy throughout most of the Salons in the state of Missouri and other states.
24. What form of payment do you take?
-We take credit cards, debit cards and cash. We do not take checks, money orders, iou's or any competitor coupons.
25. Should I tip my stylist?
-Yes! If you are happy with your hair please tip! Our checkout system automatically suggests a custom tip or a preset percentage of the service. You can decline to tip altogether. If you don't like your hair please don't tip! It leaves the stylist confused if you complain about your hair later.
26. I want a specific stylist but it says they are unavailable. Can I still get them to come in and do my hair on my schedule?
-No, if it says they are unavailable it's because they are booked up or off. We book out 2-3 weeks in advance. Sometimes we can work someone it but usually it's very slim pickings. If you wanted (for example) Kalyn to do your hair, you made the appointment and you had to cancel it and want to reschedule for next week she may not have anything available for 2-3 weeks. If We have had to cancel your appointmnet for an emergency or other reason typically we will reschedule you to the closest available spot. If the time we picked conflicts with your schedule please message us on the contact page of this site.
27. I would like to come in the salon to purchase tickets to one of the events or classes that S&S is holding. Can I do that?
-Unfortunately, you cannot. We only do our class ticket sales online for new class takers or over the phone for returning participants. You can message the Facebook page or the contact page of our website and we can have someone give you a call to talk to you further about it.
28. I would like to inquire about the Tiny Girls Night In Class that is offered in a Birthday Party setting.
-Please send a detailed message to us outlining how to get in touch and your questions about the party to the contact page of this site.
29. I want my newborns ears pierced. Do you do that?
-We do not pierce ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 4 YEARS OLD or with out there parent present. They must be able to tell the technician that they do in fact want their ears pierced.
30. Can you order a specific brand of color or product for my hair and I can pay you later for it?
-We do not do speciality orders for customers and we do require payment upfront for all services and products.
31. Can I bring my own chemicals or products for you to use on my hair?
-No. We use only what we carry in the salon on your hair. We cannot use products or chemicals on you that you bring from home.
32. How do I Reschedule my appointment?
-You can click on the appointment details in the conformation email & text you received at time of booking and reschedule.
33. What exactly are feathers?
-We carry human hair extensions made to look like the grizzly feathers. They can be washed, dried & styled with hot tools all while lasting up to 3 months depending on at home care. They are $3.00 per extension and we carry a wide assortment of colors and styles.
34. I have been a model before what does the "forever" pricing mean?
-If you have had a model color done before you now qualify for our forever pricing. This means that you can come in and get whatever coloring service you want from our menu besides our "transformation" hair colors. You do not have to do the same coloring that you had last time or the one that you had done from our model lists. A transformation hair color is our "going blonde" and our "unicorn, rainbow & mermaid" hair coloring services. You will pay what your original model color service was between $65-90.
35. I won one of the Facebook giveaway's what do I do now?
-You will need to claim your prize by messaging our Facebook page and picking up your prize at the Salon with in 10 days of winning! You cannot exchange, trade in or return the prizes if you have won. If the prize is not claimed you will forfeit your winnings.
36. My schedule requires a different time than your your hours of operation, can I come in during closed businnes hours to have a service done?
-We do not schedule appointments outside of our posted operational hours.
37. Can I prepay for a service?
-No, we do not accept prepayments for services.
38. Do you sell gift certificates?
-No, I'm sorry we do not.
39. I want to make an extra donation amount to one of the foundations that you support with the donations from specific services. Can I give you the money and you add it to my ticket?
-No, we love that you want to help support the foundations we love but we cannot accept money for them. We can provide you with information on how you can contact them to make a personal donation.
40. What services do you offer?
-We offer a very wide variety of services. We do haircuts, hair color, waxing, spray tanning, feather extensions, ear piercings, $5 Military,Fire EMT and PD cuts, specialty colors, kids classes, event hair, spray tanning, weddings and more. For our full service list please view our book now page.
41. How long does a spray tan last?
-That depends on how well you prepare for you tan. You can find tips on the tanning page of this site. Typically the tan will last about 10 days. you can add on touchup's to extend your tan up to 30 days.
42. What are your hours?
-We are open T-F 10:00am-6:00pm, Saturday 10:00am-3:00pm & Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm We are closed when the ES School District closes for weather, on all major holidays, on Monday's and for particular events.
43. Can you give me on of the Stylists phone numbers?
-No, we do not give out their personal information or phone numbers. If you need to reach them you can call 816-848-5015.
44. I booked an apointment for one cut becaue it only showed one time available, but i need 3 is it ok if we hust sqeeze them all in during the 1 booked slot we already have?
- If it only showed you one spot available we only have the one spot available at that time you will need to pick a different day and time where you see consecutive spots that work well for you.
45. Do you barter in exchange for services?
-I'm, sorry but we do not barter ot exchange goods for services.
46. I need to get ahold of the owner, Kalyn. How do I do that?
-You can email her at ScissorsShearsSalon@Gmail.com or you can send her a message on the contact page of this site and a back office team member will pass it off to her. We do not give out her personal phone number, email, address or any other contact information.